While we welcome applicants at any time, to be considered for our summer opening stock, applications will be accepted until May 9, 2022.
The Beaverbrook is looking to highlight New Brunswick fine craft artists and makers in its new Beaverbrook Boutique space through the creation of unique Beaverbrook-branded items, items inspired by our permanent collection, and featured items highlighting our regions talented artisans. Our goal is to curate the boutique as an extension of the gallery experience, while making it affordable and accessible to our local community.
We are currently offering three opportunities:
Showcase your unique items through our Beaverbrook Boutique. These items can range from jewelry, scarves, pottery, woodworking, textiles, children’s toys, and more! This is a great opportunity to show us your one-of-a-kind items that our shoppers will love.
- 1 year contract or until stock depletes (for consignment only).
- Possibility for contract renewal based on product sales performance.
Help our visitors take a piece of the gallery home with them. Work directly with the Beaverbrook team to create unique branded items and/or souvenir items representing the gallery, its artworks, or the local region (both Fredericton and the province of New Brunswick). These items can range from mugs, tote bags, magnets/pins, t-shirts/sweaters, stationery such as greeting cards and postcards, and more!
- Possibility for contract renewal based on product performance.
- The gallery will own exclusive rights to all product produced.
Beaverbrook Featured Artist
The boutique will house a small rotation of products featuring works available for a limited time only. With your work being prominently displayed in the Beaverbrook Boutique, this is a great opportunity to showcase your best pieces.
- Four-month rotation
- Possibility for re-application 12 months after completion of your last feature.
- No exclusivity requirements
- Only one to three artists will be chosen at a time depending on space availability.
- Must be able to commit to making a weekend appearance at the boutique to meet and greet with visitors. Details to be determined upon negotiation of contract.
These opportunities are open to those who are residents of New Brunswick that have experience producing commissioned work, can work collaboratively and within deadlines, and can provide us with a portfolio of their work, as well as samples of their work if required. Contracts will be negotiated on an individual basis.
Please note, the new boutique space is surrounded by large windows allowing for a substantial amount of natural light. We cannot accept any product that may fade or be damaged by sun exposure. No paintings or two-dimensional art will be accepted (exceptions will be made for stationary items such as postcards and greeting cards).
How to Apply
Email a completed application form along with your CV and photos of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing your proposals!
Click here to download the application form.