The Beaverbrook Art Gallery is reviving in more ways than one. With a spectacular new facade and revamped internal systems, we need YOU to be part of our passionate team!
Job: Business Services Assistant
Under the general supervision of the Business Services Manager, the Business Services Assistant provides administrative assistance to the Business Services Office and the Gallery’s management team.
- Assist with accounts payable and receivable accounts.
- Assist with cashflows and budgets for grants.
- Assist with reporting for summer student grants.
- Complete expense reports.
- Assist with completing construction project claims.
- Process and deliver bank deposits.
- Generate tax receipts.
- Organize and record Board and committee meetings.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings.
- Coordinate information flow between managers/departments.
- Assist with implementing internal processes and procedures.
- Update in-house policies and documentation.
- Pick up and process mail.
- Organize office files.
- Order and replenish office supplies.
- Tend to staff events and occasions.
- Assist with IT/Technology as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Relevant post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years of related administrative and financial experience.
- Experience with Quickbooks, Salesforce based Veevart, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Strong and positive work ethic, with ability to work independently, yet as a contributing member of the overall gallery team.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Written and spoken competence in English; French is considered an asset.
- Valid Criminal Record Check, upon request.
The Beaverbrook Art Gallery “enriches life through art.” We bring art and community together in a dynamic cultural environment dedicated to the highest standards in exhibitions, programming, education and stewardship.
The Beaverbrook Art Gallery is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
To apply for this position, please submit your résumé to Sandra Nickerson, Business Services Manager by email at HR@beaverbrookartgallery.org
Application deadline: Ongoing until a suitable candidate has been selected
(The Gallery thanks all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.)