We are excited to be a part of the Frostival activities again this year! The following events are taking place at the gallery:
- January 22, from 2 to 4PM. Join us for a fun Frostival-themed Family Workshop. Add colour to your life this winter with a colourful art poster! Inspired by the Big and Bold exhibition and the works of Guillaume Lépine, create unique designs and abstract art using collage, cut-out, and mixed media techniques. $25 per family, click here for tickets
- January 26, from 6:30 until 8:30PM. A Writing Night with Poet, Laureate Jordan Tretheway. Participants will have 30 minutes to browse the permanent collection and current exhibits. Once you've found your muse, you will have an hour to write, ask questions, and revise. The final 30 minutes will consist of an informal reading to share the amazing work begun and/or completed. Click here for tickets.
- January 27, at 10AM: A Frostival-themed Winter Wonderland Art for Tots for children aged 2-5 and their parents! Celebrate winter’s fun by creating a painting depicting your favorite people and landscape in the style of Cornelius Krieghoff, taught by artist and educator, Peggy Holt. $15 per family, click here for tickets.
- January 29, from 3 until 4:30PM. Enjoy a musical afternoon with award-winning saxophonist Joel Miller and guitar wizard Sebastian Fleet as they collaborate on an enchanting music exploration that fuses jazz, indie rock, and folk to warm your winter afternoon. Click here for tickets.
- February 1, from 6 until 8PM. Inspired by the vibrant colours that celebrate our diverse identities, join, Annabelle Babineau as she teaches you how to make your own fibre painting or sculpture. You will learn to paint or make a small sculpture with yarn, felt, and/or plastic canvas. This is a hands-on class where we will explore how to queerify the world of fibre with colour and creativity! No previous experience in fibre art is necessary for this course. Click here for tickets.