The Beaverbrook Art Gallery “enriches life through art.” As the officially designated provincial art gallery of New Brunswick, and one of Canada’s leading art galleries and most important cultural treasures, its mission is to bring art and community together in a dynamic cultural environment dedicated to the highest standards in acquisitions, exhibitions, programming, education and stewardship.
Positions Currently Available
Application Due Date:
The Beaverbrook Art Gallery is reviving in more ways than one. With a spectacular new façade and revamped internal systems, we need YOU to be part of our passionate team!
Job: Program Coordinator
You will be responsible for developing in-person and virtual programs for audiences of all ages and ability levels, based on current exhibitions and our permanent collection.
• Develop programs for audiences of all ages and ability levels, based on current exhibitions and permanent collection.
• Provide information and program descriptions to support grant applications, sponsorships and partnership opportunities.
• Research content on new exhibitions and the permanent collection for guides, teachers, staff and program participants.
• Plan and deliver art activities for large community events such as Lord Beaverbrook Day and Nutcracker Tea.
• Plan and teach summer and spring break Art Camps.
• Conduct hands-on activities for Face2Face tours.
• Develop resources for in-gallery programs, including activity guides, scavenger hunts, art discovery tours.
• Develop digital content, art kits, inter-disciplinary activities for audiences of all ages.
• Prepare and deliver art education workshops to teachers and education students from the University of New Brunswick and St. Thomas University, teachers and special interest groups.
• Represent the Gallery and its programs in outreach initiatives, community engagement initiatives, fairs, festivals, conferences and symposia.
• Supervise and mentor co-op students and interns.
• Develop and deliver afterschool workshops in local schools throughout the school year.
• Develop and deliver special programs at senior centres and nursing homes.
• Partner with community centres and special interest groups to offer special workshops to youth at risk, mental health association clients, group homes and homeschool groups.
• A Bachelor of Education or Bachelor of Fine or Arts, art teaching experience and art curriculum development experience is essential to this position.
• Strong and positive work ethic, with ability to work independently, and as a contributing member of the education and overall gallery team.
• A keen interest in art education and community engagement.
• A knowledge of developments in visual arts and art education is essential.
• Flexibility to work weekends, alternate days, evenings, or special events as needed
• Excellent organization and time-management skills
• Fluently bilingual in both English and French
• Valid Criminal Record Check, upon request
The Beaverbrook Art Gallery “enriches life through art.” We bring art and community together in a dynamic cultural environment dedicated to the highest standards in exhibitions, programming, education and stewardship.
The Beaverbrook Art Gallery is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
To apply for this position, please submit your résumé to Sandra Nickerson, Business Services Manager by email at HR@beaverbrookartgallery.org
Application deadline: Ongoing until a suitable candidate has been selected
(The Gallery thanks all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.)
Applying for this Position
See main advertisement