The Beaverbrook Art Gallery is excited to announce a new program for this fall, Shared Stories.
The Shared Stories series will begin September 23rd and go until October 28th on Thursday nights from 6:30 until 8:30 PM in the RBC room and Art Education Centre.
These sessions will feature an Indigenous artist presentation, followed by questions, discussions, and the opportunity for creative responses from participants. The presentations will focus on objects and art from the Gallery collection and from personal collections of the presenters, including regalia, beading, quillwork, painting, mask making, drum making.
This series will give the audience the opportunity to engage with the presenters to have a greater understanding of their cultural values and traditions, with a focus on reclaimed practices, cultural resilience, and their importance for Mi’kmaq and Wolastoqiyik people.
The presenters will be as follows:
• September 23rd: Regalia with Natasha Martin-Mitchell
• October 7th: Beading with Robin Paul
• October 14th: Mask making with Duane Isaac
• October 21st: Drum making with Kate Clermont
• October 28th: Quillwork with Starlit Simon
• November 4th: Seal skin and feathers with Leanne Elson
Registration is required for each event and the fee is $25 a session. To register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (506) 458-0973.