Children & Youth
The Beaverbrook Art Gallery is pleased to offer exciting programs for children and youth where participants engage in discussions, activities and discoveries inspired by the art in our permanent collection and temporary exhibitions. Our programs are taught by experienced teachers and artists.
Teens & Adults
Our teen and adult programs offer artists of all levels the opportunity to create, share, and enjoy art in a casual, friendly atmosphere. Participants are encouraged to explore their creative potential and to get comfortable with new techniques and media. Materials are included with most classes.
Outreach & Education
Through its outreach programs, the Beaverbrook Art Gallery works to
- Engage students creatively through learning about diverse artists and art movements, with a focus on New Brunswick and Canadian historical and contemporary practices.
- Balance free expression with skill development in a variety of materials and techniques.
- Provide a safe and supportive environment where students can generate self-assessment and articulate their thoughts and feelings.
- Create artwork that achieves a new level of accomplishment.
Learn more about our current and recent outreach programs and successes here.
UPCOMING ART AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAMS
We offer art enrichment programs for Elementary School students at several schools in the Fredericton area. Each 6 week series is facilitated by an art educator who brings a bit of the magic of the gallery to the students each week. The series is designed to engage students in creative conversation with the stories of art and artists as they explore a variety of media. We emphasize experimentation and problem solving through art making. Examples of recent activities include 3D portrait constructions inspired by Philip Iverson, dream drawings inspired by Alan Syliboy, and bas-relief plasticine still life inspired by Mary Pratt’s Glassy Apples.
L’ART APRÈS L'ÉCOLE à l'École des Bâtisseurs
Les mercredis 15h20-17h20
6 semaines: du 13 mars au 17 avril
ART AFTERSCHOOL AT GIBSON NEILL with Brittany Schuler
Art is all around us! Draw, paint, and sculpt. Develop your creative skills with Brittany Schuler
Grades 3-5; Thursdays 3-5pm
6 weeks: March 14- April 18
After School Program
Note: We currently have a few seats open for the current school year - register today! Please contact us for more information.
The objective of the Beaverbrook Art Gallery Afterschool Art Program is to meet both the appropriate developmental needs (physical, social, intellectual, creative and emotional) and the individual needs and interests of each child in attendance with the province’s operating standards and legislation for all licensed centres.
Our Afterschool Art Program combines art, reading, drama, music and creative writing activities for children. Participants in this program will enjoy:
- Improving self-awareness, confidence and feeling of self-worth;
- Using works of art as starting points for discussions and as an inspiration for their own art;
- Storytelling, role-playing, music and creating their own art;
- Building verbal and visual communication skills;
- Learning more about art, history and the world we live in;
- Building a lifetime relationship with the arts and an interest in reading and writing while also having fun and making friends.
Our hours of operation are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 2:00PM to 5:30PM, and Wednesdays from 12:00 NOON to 5:30PM.
Our Program starts the first day after Labor Day and ends on the last day of school in June. After that time, children may join our full-day art camp, Artistica.
On Professional Development Days (PD days) for School District 18, District 1, storm days, and during school breaks, program days are from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
For more information and current prices, please contact Liliana at 458-0973 or email email@example.com