The Beaverbrook Art Gallery “enriches life through art.” As the officially designated provincial art gallery of New Brunswick, and one of Canada’s leading art galleries and most important cultural treasures, its mission is to bring art and community together in a dynamic cultural environment dedicated to the highest standards in acquisitions, exhibitions, programming, education and stewardship.
Interested in joining our team? From time to time, openings will be posted below, so keep checking back!
Positions Currently Available
Application Due Date: September 4, 2018
The Beaverbrook Art Gallery “enriches life through art.” As one of Canada’s leading art galleries and most important cultural treasures its mission is to bring art and community together in a dynamic cultural environment.
The Beaverbrook Art Gallery is currently seeking applications for a Membership Assistant.
This is a casual position. Hours may vary and should average 25 hours per week until the end of 2018 with the possibility of an extension.
To apply for this position, please submit a résumé to Sandra Nickerson, Business Services Manager:
- By email: HR@beaverbrookartgallery.org
Position description: Membership Assistant
The Membership Assistant works in the Development Office assisting with the BAG Membership Program, BAG Internal Special Events, and overall BAG audience/client engagement efforts.
Required Education & Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Two years of related work experience
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems or with Point-of- Sale (POS) systems
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset
- A College or University degree is preferred
- Experience with business writing would be considered an asset
As a successful applicant you will:
- Maintain and update two membership databases
- Communicate directly with members by telephone, email and mail
- Distribute membership and event marketing materials by mail, email, and at events
- Assist with event planning and execution – for example, creating guest lists spreadsheets, requesting tax receipts etc.
- Be organized and detail-oriented
- Be customer-service oriented
Candidates must be able to provide a valid and acceptable clearance letter (Criminal Records Check) upon request, obtained from the police department, for employment at the Gallery. Instructions will be provided at the offer stage; reimbursement for fees charged is provided by the Gallery to candidates who have been requested to obtain one. This clearance letter should cover both a general clearance and a clearance for working with the vulnerable sector.
The Beaverbrook Art Gallery is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Application deadline: September 4, 2018
(The Gallery thanks all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.)
Applying for this Position
See main advertisement