The Beaverbrook Art Gallery “enriches life through art.” As the officially designated provincial art gallery of New Brunswick, and one of Canada’s leading art galleries and most important cultural treasures, its mission is to bring art and community together in a dynamic cultural environment dedicated to the highest standards in acquisitions, exhibitions, programming, education and stewardship.
Interested in joining our team? From time to time, openings will be posted below, so keep checking back!
Positions Currently Available
Front Desk Attendant/Event Staff
Application Due Date: November 5, 2018
The Beaverbrook Art Gallery is currently seeking applications for a Front Desk Attendant/Event Staff position. This is a casual, part-time position with varying hours depending on operational needs.
To apply for this position, please submit a résumé to Sandra Nickerson, Business Services Manager:
- By email, HR@beaverbrookartgallery.org
Required Education & Skills:
- High school diploma or GED, preferably supplemented by some post-secondary education.
- Have superior customer service skills with the ability to manage customer expectations.
- Strong computer skills including (but not limited to) Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Bilingualism in English and French.
As a successful applicant you will:
- Provide services at the Front Desk as well as at the Welcome Desk in the new pavilion, including greeting guests, process admissions, assist with questions & directions, renewing memberships, attending to programs registration, answer the phone and other duties as required.
- Have flexible availability (weekdays, evenings, and weekends).
- Be punctual and reliable.
- Be in charge of the physical setup of equipment for gallery and rental programs and events, as well as working events in a number of capacities.
- Assist with administrative duties around the Gallery and in the office.
Candidates must be able to provide a valid and acceptable clearance letter (Criminal Records Check) upon request, obtained from the police department, for employment at the Gallery. Instructions will be provided at the offer stage; reimbursement for fees charged is provided by the Gallery to candidates who have been requested to obtain one. This clearance letter should cover both a general clearance and a clearance for working with the vulnerable sector.
The Beaverbrook Art Gallery is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Start Date: As soon as possible
(The Gallery thanks all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.)
Applying for this Position
See main advertisement