The Beaverbrook Art Gallery “enriches life through art.” As the officially designated provincial art gallery of New Brunswick, and one of Canada’s leading art galleries and most important cultural treasures, its mission is to bring art and community together in a dynamic cultural environment dedicated to the highest standards in acquisitions, exhibitions, programming, education and stewardship.
Positions Currently Available
Visitor Services Coordinator
Application Due Date:
The Beaverbrook Art Gallery is reviving in more ways than one. With a spectacular new facade and revamped internal systems, we need YOU to be part of our passionate team!
You will be responsible for all aspects of retail operations and the visitor services experience at the Beaverbrook Art Gallery. Your mission will be to set up a retail operation with the intention to strategically improve the gallery’s in-house and (future) online retail and visitor services activities.
• Set up and run a retail operation
• Provide a welcoming atmosphere for our visitors and guests
• Process and promote admissions, event tickets, memberships and program registrations
• Tend to front desk, telephone and email inquiries
• Train, schedule and manage all casual visitor services personnel
• Coordinate with our team on store and gallery marketing and promotion plans
• Relevant post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 3-5 years of related retail, supervisory and customer service experience
• Hands-on experience with point-of-sale technology and Microsoft Office. (E-commerce and Shopify experience an asset)
• Excellent organization and time-management skills
• Strong and positive work ethic, with ability to work independently, yet as a contributing member of the overall gallery team
• Flexibility to work weekends, alternate days, evenings, or special events as needed
• Fluently bilingual in both English and French
• Valid Criminal Record Check, upon request
The Beaverbrook Art Gallery “enriches life through art.” We bring art and community together in a dynamic cultural environment dedicated to the highest standards in exhibitions, programming, education and stewardship.
The Beaverbrook Art Gallery is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
To apply for this position, please submit your résumé to Sandra Nickerson, Business Services Manager by email at HR@beaverbrookartgallery.org
Application deadline: Ongoing until a suitable candidate has been selected
(The Gallery thanks all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.)
Applying for this Position
See main advertisement